In 1937, Charles Schulz Sr. founded the family construction business as a general contracting firm specializing in masonry. The company got its start building brick bungalow homes in Parma, Ohio. Through the years, Charles Sr., a surveyor and bricklayer, joined by his son, Charles Jr., a bricklayer, expanded the business into the areas of commercial and industrial construction as well as property development and management.

Under the current leadership of William Schulz, the Charles Schulz Building Company has strengthened its market position to become a leading healthcare, institutional and commercial construction and development firm in northeast Ohio.